Last updated: January 11, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- “Account” means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- “Company” (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to SG Global Support Services Sdn. Bhd., Level 18, Axiata Tower, No.9, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, KL Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur., 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur.
- “Cookies” are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- “Country” refers to Malaysia.
- “Device” means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- “Personal Data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- “Service” refers to the Website.
- “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analysing how the Service is used.
- “Third-party Social Media Service” refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “Website” refers to SG Support Corporate Website, accessible from sgsupport.com.
- “You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: “What Are Cookies?”.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: to contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: to attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation;
- protect and defend the rights or property of the Company;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public; or
- protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Notice
Collection, Recording, Storage and Retention of Personal Information
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) is an Act that is passed by the Malaysian government to regulate the processing of personal data in a commercial transaction. To comply with the Act, SG Global Support Services Sdn. Bhd (“we” or “us” or “our”) are required to manage the personal data that we collect from you.
The purposes for which your personal data may be used are, but not limited to:-
- Internal record keeping
- To provide services to you
- To improve our products and services
- To customize this website according to your interests
- To enable you to provide goods or services to SG Global Support Services Sdn. Bhd
- To assess your job application
- To administer your participation in any contest/programme related to the public organized by us
- To conduct internal activities
- To send you festive messages, promotional message and special offers based on your privacy preferences
- To better understand your needs as our customer
- For security and fraud prevention purposes
- For the purposes of statistical analysis of data
- For profiling your preferences
- For finance and marketing activities
- For the purposes of our corporate governance
- For the purposes of our corporate exercises
- To send you event invitations based on selective events
- For the purposes of complying with the Companies Act 2016
- For the purposes of inclusion in media engagements and / or any relevant or related events
- For the purposes of us preparing guest invitations, registration and / or sign-ups for our events
- For the purposes of printed and on-line publications
(collectively, “the Purposes”) Your personal data will be collected from various on-line forms available during your visits to SG Global Support Services Sdn. Bhd website, existing guest lists, business cards, guest books and / or any events organised by us and / or any of the Group (as hereinafter defined).
You may be required to supply us with your name, company’s name, address, country, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email address.
If you fail to supply us with such personal data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
Please be informed that your personal data may be disclosed, disseminated and/or transferred to companies within the SG Global Support Services Sdn. Bhd (including the holding company, subsidiaries, associated, related and affiliated companies as well as their subsidiaries, associated and affiliated companies, both local and international), whether present or future (collectively, “the Group”) or to any third party organizations or persons for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records.
To this end, we are committed to ensuring the confidentiality, protection, security and accuracy of your personal data made available to us. It is your obligation to ensure that all personal data submitted to us and retained by us are accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all aspects. For the avoidance of doubt, we and/or the Group and/or its employees or authorized officers or agents will not be responsible for any personal data submitted by you to us that is inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and not updated.
Further, we may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is made available by you to us and you hereby agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
Any personal data retained by us shall be destroyed and/or deleted from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event such data is no longer required for the said Purposes.
We trust that you will consent to the processing of your personal data and that you declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements and terms herein.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org